EASA glider pilot – adding a TMG rating
Are you a glider pilot who wants to take your flying further? Learn to fly a touring motorglider and you’ll discover a whole world of new flying opportunities, from hopping over to another airfield for lunch to touring around Europe. At MotorGlide, you can complete the necessary training to add a TMG rating to your EASA SPL or LAPL(S).
TMG training for EASA glider pilots who already hold a SPL or LAPL(S)
If you hold a LAPL (S) or SPL, we can add a TMG to your licence by completing a course of training and a skills test, all conducted here at MotorGlide.
Your course of training will extend your LAPL(S) or SPL to include a TMG rating, and will involve:
- 6 hours of flight instruction on a TMG, including 4 hours of dual flight instruction
- 1 solo cross-country flight of at least 150 km (80 NM), during which you will make 1 full stop landing at an aerodrome different from the aerodrome of departure
- Skills test to demonstrate an adequate level of practical skill in a TMG
- Theoretical knowledge – during this skills test, you will also need to demonstrate to the examiner that you have an adequate level of theoretical knowledge for the TMG in the following subjects: Principles of Flight, Operational Procedures, Flight Performance and Planning, Aircraft General Knowledge and Navigation.
Please refer to FCL.135.S LAPL(S) for full details.
PLEASE NOTE: You must hold a LAPL(S) before starting this course. See the BGA website for the pilot conversion forms.
TMG training, 7 days a week
Here at MotorGlide, we operate differently to other gliding clubs:
- There is no duty rota
- We operate seven days a week
- Online booking system so you can book the exact time you want to fly
- No politics – just flying!
Book your TMG course
Book your TMG course with us today by calling us on 07976 985 689 or email MotorGlide for more details.