At MotorGlide, our instructors have taken many glider pilots through their training to issue them with a NPPL.
Motorgliding is a great addition to gliding. On those low inversion days when there are no thermals, or in winter when soaring is limited, a motorglider can keep you flying and practising those gliding skills.
Above all, most people find the cost savings are huge compared to other types of powered aircraft. Our self-hire prices are almost 50% cheaper than SEP aircraft.
We can teach club members for NPPL for as little as £99 per hour (or even less if you join our frequent flyer scheme), offering an online booking system and 7 days a week training.
- Hold a BGA Glider Pilots Licence
- Hold a valid NPPL Medical Self-Declaration or EASA Class medical certificate
- 10 hours of flying training on a motorglider under the supervision of a FI
- 1 hour dual instruction in stall/spin awareness and avoidance
- 1 hour dual instrument appreciation
- 1 hour supervised solo flight.
- Complete EASA PPL theoretical examinations
- Pass the NPPL NST and GST
What does it cost?
There are no hidden costs when you learn with MotorGlide:
- Membership £20/month
- Flight Instruction £30/hour
- Aircraft hire £70/hour
- Ground Exams £30/exam
- Navigation Test £90 + Flying fees
- General Skills Test £90 + Flying fees
We recommend the following books and materials:
- CRP 1 or 5 flight computer
- Pens & Rulers
- AFE Study Guides
- Log Book
Get a Discount
Use our discount code to get these items and more! Visit http://pooleys.com/ and enter discount code AIREX at the checkout for up to 10% off.
Call us and book in your NPPL (SLMG) training today!
Ready to take your flying to the next level? Call Lee on 07976 985689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and book your first lesson today.