Adding Self-Launch to your SPL or LAPL(s)
If you hold a LAPL (S) or SPL, we can add a Self-Launch to your licence by simply completing a course of training.
Training will be conducted in a combination of our SF25c and the Nimbus 4DM (or in your own glider)
Course of training to extend a LAPL(S) to include a Self-Launch:
- A minimum of 5 launches under dual flight instruction
- A minimum 5 solo launches under supervision.
- The dual flight instruction may be done in a TMG
Refer to EASA’s AMC1 FCL.110.S(c)(4)(xv) for full details.
PLEASE NOTE: You must hold a LAPL(S) or SPL before starting the course. See the BGA website for the pilot conversion forms.
Call or Email MotorGlide for more details 07976 985 689.
Our Nimbus 4 DM is one of the top performing gliders in the world, with its 26.5 metre wing-span it has a stunning glide angle of 60:1. Our instructors all hold commercial pilot licenses as well as glider pilot qualifications and are seasoned cross-country pilots with thousands of cross-country kilometres under our belts.
Checkout https://www.schempp-hirth.com/en.html for more details on these stunning gliders.
7 days a week
We operate differently to other gliding clubs:
- There is no duty rota
- We operate seven days a week
- Online booking system so you can book the exact time you want
- No politics – just flying!